Costa Rica is 2nd Place in Worlds Most Welcoming Countries
Costa Rica holds second place of the world’s most welcoming countries per Costa Rica Star.
In a survey carried out by InterNations, a network for expats with local communities worldwide, Costa Rica holds the second position in the world ranking of the most "welcoming countries."
How easy is it to settle in the destination country? How easy is it to make friends? These type of questions were included in the survey that InterNations used to create the ranking.
Cultural aspects, the ability and disposition of the locals to communicate and understand foreigners and to teach them about the area, were also aspects taken into consideration.
Costa Rica came in second place!
The Top Five most welcoming countries in the world according to InterNations are:
1) Uganda: most expats live in the region of Kampala where a lot of people speak English, there are many international restaurants and in general the cost of life is acceptable so a good lifestyle can be maintained.
2) Costa Rica: 79% of those consulted confirmed they felt “right at home”, most of the expat communities in Costa Rica are in the coastal zones of Guanacaste, Jacó and Manuel Antonio; while in the urban region the preferred areas are Santa Ana and Escazú.
3) Colombia: The only other Latin American country mentioned. Most expats live in Bogotá. The cost of life in general is reported as good.
4) Omán: The Middle Eastern country are very welcoming to foreigners, they like helping out their neighbors and they will even invite a stranger
to their house for coffee.
5) Philippines: Most Filipinos speak English and are very friendly with foreigners. The expats usually choose Manila to settle down or the coastal cities. The cost of living here is also accessible.